Myanmar - What to Wear
- Light, casual cotton wear because of hot weather
- A cardigan or light jerkin, when visiting northern Myanmar in the cold season
- An umbrella during the rainy season
- Sandals or slippers
- Quick drying clothes if you visit during the rainy season or Thingyan
- The dress code for pagodas and monasteries prescribe decent apparel; no footwear is allowed when visiting pagodas and monasteries.
Shopping in Myanmar is value for money . In the larger town areas, you can usually get good bargains at public market places known as zei or zay, in Myanmar. It is better to bring USD in cash instead of credit cards for personal use. Nowadays, there are many supermarkets, hypermarts and departmental stores, so it is very convenient for any tourists to shop around. The stores offer a variety of consumer products.
MYANMAR EMBASSIES ABROAD
MYANMAR CONSULATES GENERAL
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT MINISTRY OF HOTELS AND TOURISM